Yesterday’s Apple keynote was all about the brand new revolutionary smelly iPad HD, but wait a sec!
Where are the ‘revolutionary’ stuff about this new iPad HD? I’m a huge crazy fan of Apple products (Machead, fanboy) but, seriously, I’m really disappointing about the new features, for me it is like a new version of the Coke formula, let’s say, now It will be dark, but with 2 more darkness degrees… You can’t even see the difference,
- Yeah mckain but the new iPad HD has a 1 million more pixels…
- I don’t care! My iPad 2 has a good resolution and I think my eyes won’t see the difference!
- But, It has a better camera (from 3MP to 5MP), well, that might looks nice but, It’s not the big deal, I use my iPad 2 for read books, watch movies and for check my favorite apps …
- Mckain! what about the new A5X Dual-core processor? It’s gonna fly! admit it!
— yeah, It’s gonna be quite faster than the iPad 2 but… are you gonna run a Virtual Machine on it or what?
remember It’s a portable device! and you can’t even put your chroot environment there so, what’s the point?
- Oh, but there’s a new iOS version! … yeah, I will download it for my iPad 2.
Now about the ‘improvements’, one of the side effects that I can see is the Battery life, Man! you are gonna have a kinda faster iPad so that means you will be consuming more energy, so that implies that your tiny iPad battery will suffer the consequences, come on’! I researched about the battery life on the new iPad (HD) and they say that it will be:
- iPad HD Battery life: 9 Hours
- iPad HD Battery life on standby: unknown (what??)
Now what about the iPad 2:
- iPad 2 Battery life: 10 Hours
- iPad 2 Battery life on standby: 72.0 hours
I was expecting more about this iPad HD, because for me It looks like a beta release, now I hope the other Tablets companies start pushing all them power to make this market better, I would like to see more cool stuff than some ‘over-clocking’ improvements on my future devices!.
So, that’s what I had on my mind, now tell me what do you think about it?